Halibut Peppers Taste of Bordeaux Sorghum
Special thank you to The Fare Trade for crafting this delicious recipe featuring our very own Taste of Bordeaux! Catch The Fare Trade's full site here: http://www.thefaretrade.com?rf
This fish possesses the perfect texture to compliment the sorghum and vegetables strikingly well. Delicate and light yet surprisingly firm and moist makes this fish the perfect main as summer nears its end. The vegetables merge with herbs in our very own Taste of Bordeaux seasoning to help bring life to the dish as a whole. Not only is the flavor making itself known for date night, but the vibrancy in color makes this dish beautiful to plate and serve accordingly.
- 1 Pound Halibut filet
- 1/2 Cup Wondergrain's Pearled Sorghum
- 2 Cups water
- 2 Tablespoons Gustus Vitae Taste of Bordeaux
- 1 Pound mixed peppers, sliced
- 1/2 Red onion, julienned
- 1 Bunch chives, ringed
- 1 Teaspoon crushed chile flakes
- 3 Cloves garlic
- Kosher salt to season
- Sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon Canola Oil
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Bring water to boil and add Wondergrain's Pearled Sorghum
- Reduce heat and simmer for 35 minutes until tender and fluffy
- Meanwhile, season Halibut filets with Kosher salt and Taste of Bordeaux
- Place filets in a cast iron skillet or heavy bottomed pan and place in the heated oven. Cook for approximately 25-30 minutes or until desired internal temperature is reached
- Place peppers, onion, and garlic in an oven proof pan and season with salt, chile flakes, and canola oil. Place in oven and cook for 25-30 minutes until tender.
- Place the finished sorghum on the bottom of a plate and top with cooked Halibut filets. One per plate.
- Spoon cooked peppers and onions around
- Topped with chopped chives and sea salt