Grilled Sriracha Salted Shrimp Salad with Honey Lemon Dressing
Yield: 4 servings
Time Estimate: 30 minutes
Storage Notes: Can be refrigerated if desired
When life calls for a fresh start in the middle of spring, you can find help here. This garden-fresh and crisp spinach salad leaves a savory taste and healthy body feeling refreshed and ready to conquer. The crunch of the caramelized walnuts combine with Gustus Vitae's hot and salty Sriracha Sea Salted shrimp to create a combination that screams tasty. To balance it out even further? The fresh honey lemon dressing. The tang of citrus and sweetness of honey combine with yogurt to blend a creamy yet healthy dressing. Truly an easy delicacy-this main salad combines salty, savory, sweet, and tangy to leave the taste buds feeling pleased.
- 1 1/4 Lbs. Shrimp
- 8 Cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 1/2 Cups red onion
- 1 1/2 Cup Feta cheese
- Gustus Vitae Sriracha Sea Salt
- 1 Cup walnuts
- 1/4 Cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 Tbsp. Honey
- Black Pepper to taste
Ingredients (For Dressing):
- 3 Tbsp. Fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp. Fresh squeezed lime juice
- 3 Tbsp. Honey
- 1/3 Cup plain yogurt (Greek yogurt works well)
- 3 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 2 Dashes salt
- 2 Dashes pepper
- Combine all ingredients for dressing in an enclosed jar and whisk together well. Refrigerate.
- In a medium skillet, combine walnuts, sugar, honey, and butter
- Cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently to caramelize walnuts (be sure to not burn them). Remove and set aside.
- Grill shrimp over flame (350-400 degrees) for 6 minutes or until desired tenderness is reached
- Generously salt grilled shrimp with Gustus Vitae Sriracha Sea Salt
- Rinse spinach and divide portions
- Add shrimp, onion, cheese, caramelized walnuts to spinach
- Finish with dressing, toss, and enjoy.