Grilled Dijon Mustard Sea Salt Salmon Recipe
2 to 4 portions;
Time Estimate: 10 minutes overall, including 2 minutes of preparation;
Storage Notes: serve immediately, will keep for 2 days in the fridge;
This one goes out to those brave souls still grilling despite the dropping temperatures, stubbornly refusing to put away the BBQ and admit that winter is just around the corner. Our Dijon Mustard Sea Salt does double duty here - the naturally harvested Californian sea salt acts as a sort of instant marinade, and the Dijon lends a delicious sharpness without overpowering the salmon. A little Taste of Greece lends garlicky zest, and all together you can go from start to finish in 10 minutes - handy if you're racing against the mercury.
- 2 Medium sized skin-on salmon fillets - around 1.5 to 2 LBs total weight
- 2 Tablespoons Gustus Vitae Dijon Mustard Sea Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Gustus Vitae Taste of Greece
- 1 Tablespoon generic oil (we use canola)
- 2 Pats of unsalted butter
- Bring a grill up to medium high heat, and brush on canola oil.
- Remove salmon from fridge, rubbing tops generously with Dijon Mustard Sea Salt and Taste of Greece.
- Lay salmon on the grill skin-side down and place 1 pat of butter on the top of each. If you're cooking with coals, direct heat is best for skin side, indirect for the other side.
- Cook for around 5 minutes then flip, cooking for a further 2 or 3, depending on your preference for doneness.
- Done - these are ready to serve and don't need to be rested. Bonus Points: throw on some veggies (bell peppers work particularly well here) while the salmon is grilling for a delicious no-fuss side dish.