Flame-Grilled Spicy Moroccan Burgers
Yield: 4 servings
Time Estimate: 60 minutes
Storage Notes: Consume immediately, can be refrigerated and reheated
Kickstart the grill this summer to get these spicy Moroccan burgers going. Complete with sautéed jalapeños and onions, pepper-jack cheese, smashed avocado, and garlic aioli-this is a burger that you will grill again and again. Our Taste of Morocco adds a warmth to the meat that gives it bursts of both flavor and heat. The spices pull through enough to change the way that you do ground beef. The base of the garlic aioli helps balance out the heavy heat in this heavy-hitter. The grill was made to do exceptional things-this burger was one of them.
- 24 Ounces ground beef
- 4 Teaspoons Gustus Vitae Taste of Morocco seasoning blend
- 1/2 Yellow onion, sliced
- 2 Jalapenos, sliced and seeded
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 4 Slices pepper-jack cheese
- 2 Avocados
- 4 Hamburger buns
- 1/2 Cup mayonnaise
- 3 Large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon pepper
- Combine mayonnaise, garlic, lime juice, salt and pepper in a bowl. Mix well, cover, and refrigerate
- Add olive oil to skillet and heat. Sauté jalapeños and onions until browned, about 7-10 minutes over medium-high heat. Set aside.
- Separate ground beef into four equal portions
- Create small hole in meat and add 1 teaspoon Taste of Morocco to ground beef. Hand-mix each patty well.
- Shape meat into form of burger patty
- Once sauce has been in fridge for at least 40 minutes, fire up the grill over medium-high heat and grill ground beef to desired doneness (recommend 6 minutes and flip for another 5 minutes)
- When burger is roughly one minute from optimum doneness, add cheese to top and place buns on side of grill for a mild toast
- Remove bottom buns and apply garlic aioli.
- Slice one half of avocado and place on bottom bun, smearing with knife
- Place patty on top
- Finish with sautéed jalapeños and onions and add top bun.