Crispy Brussel Sprout Chips with Wasabi Sea Salt
Special thank you to Catherine Gardner for this unique recipe inspiration!
Yield: 4 servings
Time Estimate: 45-60 minutes, including baking
Storage Notes: best if consumed immediately
This healthy appetizer or side dish is sure to provide a crunch for your next meal. The roasted brussels sprouts turn into a good-for-you small bite possessing flavor and character. The Wasabi Sea Salt compliments it well with a tang and a kick to spice up the flavor. While these can be left to sit and munched on throughout the day, they are best consumed while they are hot, crispy, and fresh out of the oven.
- 1 pound brussels sprouts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Gustus Vitae Wasabi Sea Salt (or more or less to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Remove the leaves off of the brussels sprouts; this is the time-consuming step, you may need to cut into the stem to effectively remove the leaves. Get as many leaves as possible (Hint: When sprouts become small from leaf-peeling, save small sprout and stem and set aside, bake separately for a same, but differently-textured snack)
- Gently toss the leaves in olive oil
- Place leaves on baking sheet
- Sprinkle Wasabi Sea Salt over the brussels sprout leaves
- Bake 7 minutes and turn over
- Repeat until leaves are brown and crispy, but not burnt
- Remove, serve, and enjoy!