Crispy Blue Cheese Sea Salt Cauliflower Recipe
2 to 4 portions;
Time Estimate: 10 minutes overall, including 2 minutes of preparation;
Storage Notes: serve immediately, will keep for 2 days in the fridge;
This is a great appetizer or snack, and can be a scene-stealer side dish. Our Blue Cheese Sea Salt is just what it sounds – the intersection of salt and the creamy goodness of blue cheese. And on this dish it’s prefect, transforming traditional soggy, bland cauliflower into something deliciously crispy, savory and interesting. These are best served just after they’re cooked to maintain their crispiness – similar to how just-fried buffalo wings stand up to sauce best when they’re straight of the kitchen, so too with cauliflower quick-cooked in butter this way.
- 1 large cauliflower head
- 4 of 5 Pinches Gustus Vitae Blue Cheese Sea Salt
- 2 Pats of butter
- Bring a medium pot to the boil, and get a non-stick frying pan up to high heat.
- Slice off cauliflower florets, then cut each floret lengthwise in two, larger ones in three.
- Throw florets in the pot, cooking for 1.5 minutes or so. They should still be firm.
- Strain very thoroughly. We pat dry – moisture is the enemy of crispiness.
- Toss butter in pan, when almost completely melted add cauliflower.
- Cook on high heat for between 3 and 4 minutes. Toss or stir regularly to get an even a browning as possible.
- Remove, and place cauliflower on paper towel briefly to wick off any excess butter.
- Serve, sprinkling with Blue Cheese Sea Salt. Bonus points: add a little dill too.