Blue Cheese Cannellini Bean Hummus With French Herbs
Yield: 3-6 servings.
Time Estimate: 5 minutes.
Storage Notes: Best if consumed immediately, will keep for 2 days in the fridge.
Depending on where you are, Summer is either just around the corner or already here. This simple dip / spread is prefect for BBQs, picnics, or as an addition to your antipasto or charcuterie plate.
We use cannellini beans here as opposed to the garbanzo's traditionally used in hummus: it give the spread just a little extra bit of creaminess, more akin to a pâté than traditional hummus. You might notice that we note this serves 3-6: it's perfect for sharing, but you just might find yourself hunkering down and eating the lion's share!
- 3 Cans cannellini beans
- 3 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- Gustus Vitae's Taste of of Bordeaux
- Gustus Vitae's Blue Cheese Sea Salt
- 1 Tbs lemon juice
- Bonus Points: 2-3 cherry tomatoes
- Open up the beans, rinsing thoroughly in a colander, taking care to shake off as much water as possible.
- In a large bowl, combine beans, Taste of Bordeaux, Blue Cheese Sea Salt, olive oil, and lemon juice.
- Using a hand/wand blender, combine completely. We find pulsing works best: you're going a a velvety smooth consistency.
- Thinly slice cherry tomatoes width-wise.
- Transfer hummus to a serving bowl, garnishing with cherry tomato slices, and give it a final dusting with Taste of Bordeaux for a beautiful pop of color contrast.
- Serve with your choice of crudités, crackers, or toast points.
- Stay close: this goes quickly!