Black Truffle Mac & Cheese Recipe
Yield: 4 servings
Time Estimate:12 minutes overall, including 2 minute of preparation and 10 minutes unattended
Storage Notes:serve immediately; keeps for 3 days when refrigerated
Even small amounts of our Truffle Sea Salt transform modest meals into gourmet delicacies, and this recipe for mac and cheese is one of our favourites. Fantastic as a main course or as a decadent side, make this little number one of your calling cards for dinner parties and pot luck events.
- 2 boxes of Kraft® Mac & Cheese (or similar)
- quarter stick of butter
- 1/2 cup milk (2% or full for a richer taste)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Gustus Vitae Condiments' Truffle Sea Salt
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil, open Mac & Cheese boxes and remove packaging.
- Add mac to pot and cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Strain mac and return to pot, adding butter, milk, and Truffle Sea Salt.
- Mix throughly, and serve immediately. If you plan on serving later, remember that the mac will continue to cook for some time after you remove it from heat: try to undercook the pasta slightly to retain the desired amount of firmness.