Born in Spain, Perfected in America
While it's celebrated internationally, paprika as we know it today has it's roots in two countries: Hungary and Spain. While drying is the main method of preservation in both countries, there are differences in the variety of the pepper used, and in the technique utilized, with the Spanish variety almost always smoked over a longer period of time.
So what does that mean for you? It means that we've taken knowledge gleaned over centuries to bring the very best in paprika, grown naturally and sustainably here in the U.S.A. Our smoked paprika packs an unparalleled vibrancy, delivering both assertive flavor and bold color. And it's not limited to it's more traditional uses like in paella or frittata - you may know that paprika is a commonly used ingredient in Thai pad thai, or Mexican Mole Poblano sauces.
Some of our favorite uses are with sweet dishes - lightly dusting a fruit salad for some added heat and vibrant color, added to a chocolate fondue for depth of flavor, or sprinkled on French vanilla ice cream for a truly international late night treat.
- 1.6 oz (45g) net wt.
- Non-GMO Project verified.
- Magnetized backing: sticks to your fridge or other metal surface.
- Crafted in small batches.
- Hand packed in California from local ingredients.
- Not irradiated or treated with EtO gas.
- All natural: free from artificial colors and flavors.
- No wheat, sugar, soy, nuts, dairy, or gluten.