We Took The Best Thing From Canada, And We Aren't Sorry
Canada is famous for a lot of things: maple syrup, snow, hockey, ketchup-flavored potato chips...the list goes on. Our favorite is their famous steak seasoning, which legend has it was started back in the 1940's at Schwartz's Deli in Montreal. Back then, the seasoning was a repurposing of what they used for their famous smoked and cured meats - this time instead used directly on steaks and as a marinade.
Well, we - and many others - have discovered that Montreal Steak Seasoning's charms aren't limited to red meat. Far from it - from enlivening roast potatoes, to spicing up veggies on the BBQ, to making your simple side salad sing, our all natural, small-batch take on a classic makes this spice blend an indispensable partner in the kitchen. Our personal favorite is actually when it's paired with fish - big tuna, swordfish, or mahi-mahi steaks left overnight in a simple marinade of olive oil and our Montreal Steak Seasoning, then seared quickly on the grill outside or in a cast iron pan on the stove top.
Attache ta tuque!
- 2.5 oz (71g) net wt.
- Non-GMO Project verified.
- Magnetized backing: sticks to your fridge or other metal surface.
- Crafted in small batches.
- Hand packed in California from local ingredients.
- Not irradiated or treated with EtO gas.
- All natural: free from artificial colors and flavors.
- No wheat, sugar, soy, nuts, dairy, or gluten.
Ingredients: Garlic, Crushed Black Pepper, Coriander Seed, Dried Chili Peppers, Sea Salt, Paprika.