Yield: 4 to 6 servings
Time Estimate: 15 Min
Storage Notes: This isn't meant to last
We're nearly halfway through January, and if you've managed to keep that resolution for Dry January, well, good job you. For the rest of us sinners, here's a twist on the classic mimosa, one that - through rigorous and repeated testing - we can confidently assure you tastes much better than the bottomless ones at your local, and will spare you from that crippling post-sugar rush headache. In fact, this one is damn near medicinal. Well, sort of.
We start with the fundamentals - inexpensive sparkling wine (our go-to is Spanish cava), preferably a brut, and orange juice, adding in the following: lime juice, Crystallized Honey Sea Salt, a whole orange, and tart cherry juice. The result is delicious, and with the electrolytes from the salt, vitamin C from the citrus, and anti-inflammatory properties of the cherry juice, you've got all you need to get rid of that hangover the fancy way.
- 3 Cups OJ (fresh squeezed and unpasteurized, if you can get it)
- 1 Bottle sparking wine
- 1/2 Cup tart cherry juice
- 4 Tbs Crystallized Honey Sea Salt
- 2 Small limes
- 1 Orange
- In a large pitcher, pour in OJ and tart cherry juice.
- Squeeze limes into juice, discard.
- Add salt and stir vigorously to combine ingredients.
- Slice orange into rounds, cut up half way, and garnish your chosen stemware.
- Pop the sparkling wine and pour in slowly - you want to hang on to all that effervescent goodness.
- Gently fill up the glasses for your guests and yourself.